Centennial • Greenwood Village • Littleton • Unincorporated Arapahoe County

Billing Information

image 1

image 2

image 3

South Arapahoe Sanitation District’s customers are billed annually for sanitary sewer service by the City of Englewood.   The District’s customers do not pay taxes associated with this sewer district.

Each customer’s sanitary sewer bill is made up of three parts:

  1. City of Englewood Treatment Charge – This charge is for treatment of a customer’s sewage in the Littleton/Englewood Wastewater Treatment Plant. In order to calculate the annual bill for wastewater treatment, the City refers to a customer’s winter water usage. Winter water usage is used because most customers are not irrigating their yards in the winter and, therefore, their winter water usage is mostly internal. The City looks at a customer’s water usage from October 1 through May 15, and uses the lowest consecutive two-month period to calculate the sanitary sewer bill. A minimum base amount is charged to customers with little or no water usage during a two-month winter period.
  2. South Arapahoe Sanitation District – This charge is paid for the maintenance of and capital improvement programs for the District’s existing wastewater collection system.  This charge is a percentage of Englewood’s treatment charge.
  3. Big Dry Creek Basin Interceptor – This third portion of your sewer bill is for the maintenance of and capital expenditures for the large interceptor line that conveys the sewage from South Arapahoe Sanitation District to the Littleton/Englewood Wastewater Treatment Plant.  The line ranges in size from 42” to 60” in diameter and is managed by Southgate Sanitation District.

For final billing questions related to a property, or for sewer billing inquiries related to the City of Englewood’s treatment charge, contact the City of Englewood at (303)762-2635; or visit them at http://www.englewoodgov.org.

For sewer billing inquiries related to South Arapahoe Sanitation District, contact Jamie Overgaard at Kennedy/Jenks Consultants, 303-985-3636 or use our Contact Form.

For sewer billing inquiries related to the Big Dry Creek Basin Interceptor, contact Southgate Sanitation District, 303-779-0261, or http://www.southgatedistricts.org.